Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers is a quick and easy lunch or dinner idea for busy days! Smoked sausage and veggies are tossed with seasoning and air-fried in minutes.
Why You'll Love This Dish
Lunchtime just got easier and faster! Sausage, peppers, and onions are seasoned and air-fried in just 10 minutes. This dish is perfect when you are busy and need something delicious but fast. The air fryer makes it all possible. Just toss the sausage and veggies with a little bit of oil and seasoning and cook! The sausage gets crispy on the edges and the veggies juicy and soft. You can adjust the seasoning to your preferences but I like to keep it simple.
I use my air fryer almost every day and truly enjoy the convenience of this small appliance. I can roast carrots in minutes, make the best chicken nuggets or bake salmon for date night. This easy lunch recipe is already in our weekly rotation. It's that good and that easy!
- sausage: I used Polish smoked sausage;
- veggies: yellow onion, bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange);
- oil: I used olive oil;
- spices: garlic powder, Italian seasoning.
How to make Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers?
- Slice sausage into ¼" thick disks.
- Cut peppers and onions into chunks, roughly the same size.
- Place sausage and veggies in a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over everything and sprinkle with spices. Toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer, place sausage and veggies in the basket and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Shake the basket halfway through the cooking cycle.
- Remove from air fryer and let cool for a few minutes. Serve.
- add mushrooms, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, etc to the veggie mix;
- use chicken instead of sausage; just cut it into bite-size pieces;
- add shrimp in the last 2 minutes of the cooking cycle;
- turn this dish into sausage fajitas by adding fajita seasoning.
Since for this dish you need to slice the sausage into disks, the cooking time is pretty short, between 8 to 10 minutes. Make sure you are familiar with your air fryer as every appliance is different.
Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge, for up to 3 days. You can pop them back into the air fryer for 2 minutes to reheat.
More recipes to try in our air fryer:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
- 16 oz smoked or Polish sausage
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice sausage into ¼" thick disks. Place in a large mixing bowl.16 oz smoked or Polish sausage
- Chop peppers and onion into 1" pieces. Place in a bowl with sausage.1 cup sliced yellow onion, ½ cup chopped green bell pepper, ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper, ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper, ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper
- Drizzle oil over sausage and veggies. Sprinkle seasoning and toss everything to coat.1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 385° F.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches. Arrange sausage and veggies in the air fryer basket (it does not have to be in a single layer, but don't overcrowd it either).
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through cooking cycle.
- Remove food from air fryer and let it cool slightly.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed and serve.
- To reheat leftovers: pop them back into the air fryer for 2 minutes to reheat.
- You can add mushrooms, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, etc to the veggie mix.
- You can use chicken instead of sausage; just cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.