2-Ingredient Pizza Dough Recipe – no yeast and no rising time make this pizza recipe the easiest ever. Top with your favorite toppings, bake and enjoy in under 30 minutes!
This recipe makes 2 large pizzas but you can easily divide it and make just one. I use a 12″ pizza pan and I am able to roll out the dough to easily fit it in.
After the success of the 2-ingredient dough that can be used to make homemade flatbread (a delicious one at that!), I was excited to test it as a pizza dough. I make homemade pizza using my Hubby’s recipe every Friday. I know my pizza dough and can whip it up in my sleep. I was very interested to see how this recipe would act as a pizza crust. I am so glad I did! This is the fastest pizza dough recipe ever! It’s delicious topped simple pizza sauce, freshly grated cheese, pepperoni and whatever toppings we like.
If you are looking for a no-yeast, no-rising time pizza dough, you will LOVE this recipe! It is easy, and quick so you can have hot, cheesy pizza on the table under 30 minutes.
The 2-ingredient dough calls for self-rising flour (it’s very easy to make a homemade version) and Greek yogurt. I use natural sour cream as it is cheaper and the consistency is the same.
- Simply mix both ingredients in a bowl until they form a dough. You may have to use your hands to help the ingredients come together.
- Next, let the dough rest for 20 minutes, while you preheat the oven and get the pizza toppings ready.
Can I make it ahead of time?
This dough can be prebaked and stored to use later. Simply bake the dough in pan without any sauce and toppings and store in a large ziploc bag up to a week. Since this dough contains sour cream, it is best to keep it in the fridge.
No yeast needed
You can make fantastic pizza dough without yeast. Keep it mind, it will taste different. Yeast dough, used for bread, rolls and pizza, has a sourdough taste. This 2-ingredient pizza dough will taste like a biscuit crust. It’s perfect for busy weeknights when everyone is craving pizza, OR when you don’t want to deal with yeast and rising time.
Since there is no yeast in this dough, there needs to be another ingredient that will make it rise during baking. You have two options: buy self-rising flour and mix it with natural sour cream of Greek yogurt OR make the needed amount of self-rising flour with all-purpose flour and baking powder and then use it in the recipe. The second option is what I do since I don’t always have self-rising flour on hand. Mix 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder for each cup of self-rising flour needed in the recipe.
Pizza dough made with yeast has a different consistency. It is very stretchy after the rising time and you can form a small ball of the dough into a large thin crust pizza. My method is to place the pizza dough ball in the center of lightly oiled pizza pan and press the dough towards the edges, rotating the pan in the same time. When you are dealing with a 2-ingredient yeast-free pizza dough, it has a different consistency. It’s almost like a biscuit dough. The best and easiest way to form it, is to use a rolling pin and roll the dough out on a sheet of parchment paper.
Top this pizza dough with your favorite toppings, like the classic pepperoni and cheese with the addition of black olives. We also love supreme style pizza with onion, peppers and sausage or white mushroom pizza. If you try this recipe, don’t forget to snap a picture and share it on Instagram! Tag us so we can leave a comment!
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
2-Ingredient Pizza Dough - no yeast and no rising time make this pizza recipe the easiest ever. Top with your favorite toppings, bake and enjoy in under 30 minutes!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour see note if using self-rising flour
- 3.75 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups natural sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add natural sour cream and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Form the dough into a ball. Place on a floured surface. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Next, form the dough into a log and slice in half. Place each half on a sheet of parchment paper and roll out with lightly floured rolling pin. You can place it on a 12" pizza pan to use as a guide.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce over the dough, add shredded cheese, pepperoni, sliced olives, diced onions, peppers, cooked bacon or sausage or whatever toppings you like.
- Bake pizza in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the cheese is melted. Cool slightly before slicing.
If using self-rising flour, skip the baking powder and salt since the flour already has it. Use 3 cups of self-rising flour.
This recipe makes 2 12" pizzas but can easily be divided to make one pizza. Use 1,5 cups of flour and 3/4 cup of sour cream.
This dough can also be prebaked and stored to use later. Simply bake the dough in pan without any sauce and toppings and store in a large ziploc bag up to a week. Since this dough contains sour cream, it is best to keep it in the fridge.