Cinnamon Swirl Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – soft and fluffy banana muffins with a surprise cinnamon swirl and peanut butter chips. So easy, thanks to Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade® Muffin and Bread Mix!
Easy, no-fail bakery style muffins that are packed with flavor. Yes, please! I’ll take a dozen, thank you so much!
When it comes to baking mixes, I have a hard time finding the ones that actually taste like the flavor said on the box. Tasteless and tough muffins are a no go in my book. I love baking completely from scratch but there are days I am wishing for a good mix that will provide a shortcut.
You may already know that I love to bake with buttermilk and Greek yogurt. They add so much flavor and make delicious baked goods, like nothing else. When I discovered Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade® Muffin and Bread baking mixes that are made specifically to use with Greek yogurt – I was intrigued. I couldn’t wait to try them. First, I used the raspberry mix and it blew my mind. I couldn’t believe how soft and tall the muffins turned out. But most of all, they were full of raspberry flavor. You can even see the little specks of raspberries throughout each muffin. A total winner! When Fleischmann’s reached out to me to use one of the mixes and create delicious muffins or bread, I jumped at the chance. I want to tell you about this product because it is hands down my favorite baking mix and you need to know about it.
Simply Homemade created a new line of baking mixes that come in three flavors: banana, raspberry and lemon poppy seed. They have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. They provide 4gr of protein and 4gr of whole grains per serving. The banana and raspberry mixes that I tried contain freeze dried fruit. Real fruit! The mixes are made with simple, real ingredients. They are available in grocery stores nationwide for $2.99 each.
I bake a lot of muffins and breads. I love them with my morning coffee and afternoon tea. My kids love to munch on them throughout the day. They make for perfect gifts for family and friends. All you need is a good baking mix and a few add ons. Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade®Muffin and Bread mix is exactly that. I added peanut butter chips because peanut butter and banana go perfectly together. Then, for a surprise, I decided to make a super simple cinnamon sugar swirl in the middle of each muffin. To make them bakery style, I used my jumbo muffin pan and baked the muffins for the first 7 minutes in a 400 degree oven. The end result – irresistible muffins that a whole family will love!
To show you exactly how easy it is to whip these beauties out, we made a short video! We hope you will enjoy it!
- 4 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Banana Muffin and Bread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease 6-cup jumbo muffin pan or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, water and oil. Add Greek yogurt and whisk until smooth.
- Add the Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade mix and peanut butter chips. Stir in with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Using a standard ice cream scoop, place one scoop of batter in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle one heaping teaspoon of cinnamon sugar over the batter.
- Top each with another scoop of batter.
- Bake muffins for 7 minutes in 400 degrees. After 7 minutes, without opening the oven door, lower the temperature to 375 degrees and bake muffins for 10 to 12 minutes more. Check each muffin for doneness with a toothpick.
- Place muffin pan on a cutting board and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and set on cooling rack to cool completely.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Fleischmann’s® Simply Homemade®. All opinions, text, photos and the video are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.