Spice Cake Butterscotch Cookies are easy and soft cookies that taste like spice cake! Only 4 ingredients needed to make these!
If you enjoy baking with cake mix, you will also love my Birthday Cake Mix Cookies! They are super fun, dressed up with sprinkles.
Fall is here and I am jumping into baking with fall flavors! Starting with a great recipe if you are craving cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and butterscotch but you are short on time or don’t want to make the dough completely from scratch. Box of cake mix to the rescue!
These Spice Cake Butterscotch Cookies are soft and full of fall flavors. They are so easy to make, my kids love to whip up the dough and stir in the chips. The final result is fall flavors and scents spreading through our house while these cookies bake. Delicious!
- spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- unsalted butter
- butterscotch chips
How to make cookies from cake mix?
Using a cake mix from a box is a great way to make cookies when you are short on time or ingredients. While many recipes use oil, I recommend using melted butter. The cookies taste so much better! All you need to make cake mix cookies is the mix, 2 large eggs and 1/3 cup of butter, melted. Mix well, cover the bowl with saran wrap and chill for 30 minutes. Depending on the cake mix flavor, you can add anything you want to the dough: chocolate chips, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, M&M candy, etc. For the spice cake cookies, I added 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips and the cookies were delicious!
These Spice Cake Cookies are soft and more on the cakey side. The tops are crackly like in crinkle cookies. You could dip these in chocolate or drizzle with it or dust with powdered sugar. Scrumptious!
More cookie recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This recipe makes 2 dozen cookies.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cake mix, eggs and butter with electric mixer until smooth. The dough will be thick and sticky. Stir in most butterscotch chips. Leave some for placing on individual cookie dough balls.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Scoop the chilled dough with 1,5 tablespoon size cookie scoop. Roll in your hands into a ball and place on prepared sheet. Add few butterscotch chips to each ball of dough. This is not necessary but makes the cookies even prettier.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 9 minutes or until the tops are cracked and cookies appear done.
- Cool for a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer onto cooling rack to cool completely.
These Spice Cake Cookies are soft and more on the cakey side. The tops are crackly like in crinkle cookies. You could dip these in chocolate or drizzle with it or dust with powdered sugar.