Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups with Vanilla Frosting – adorable little treats for cookie lovers! Perfect for celebrations, like a bridal shower!
If you follow food blogs, you know that food bloggers love to support each other. It is the most supportive and generous community in the whole internet. We also become friends beyond the pages of our blogs. We share our private life moments and we laugh and cry together. We celebrate each other’s weddings and welcoming each other babies into this world.
Today, a group of bloggers and I are celebrating one of the most important events in our friend’s life – a wedding!
Our friend, Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction, is getting married this month and we are here today to celebrate it! We all know how much Sally loves treats with sprinkles (aka funfetti) so we all decided to make fun treats with them that would be perfect to serve on a bridal shower.
This recipe makes 32 cups.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup funfetti
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 3 to 3 ,5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream (see note)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once and mix for 5 seconds.
- Add funfetti and mix the dough until the flour is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 2 hour, preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with a baking spray.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a small cookie scoop right into the cups of your muffin pan.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes ( 9 minutes was the magic number for me).
- Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar (sifting through a sieve right over the bowl with butter), one cup at a time and mix in well.
- Add vanilla and cream and beat 2 minutes.
- Place the frosting into a piping bag and decorate the cookies.
As you know, I have my very favorite Funfetti Sugar Cookie recipe here on Crunchy Creamy Sweet. I love playing with it and making new versions of it. I thought that it would be great to turn it into cookie cups, decorate with frosting and more sprinkles – perfect for this event!
Check out these fabulous post from my friends to see what else we are serving today during this virtual bridal shower!
Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake from Lauren’s Latest
Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls from Averie Cooks
Cake Batter Funfetti Cookies from Diethood
Cake Batter Popcorn from I Heart Naptime
Confetti Cookie Milkshake from Bake Your Day
Cake Batter Ice Cream Balls from Oh, Sweet Basil
Frosted Sugar Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Peanut Butter Filled Doughnuts from Crazy For Crust
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
Shirley Temple from Damn Delicious
Funfetti Pudding Mix Cookies from Cooking Classy
Cherry Chocolate Chip Cupcakes from The Messy Baker
Chocolate Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Handle the Heat
Vanilla Banana Muffins from Love From the Oven
Homemade Funfetti Yellow Birthday Cake from Ambitious Kitchen
Frosting Filled Deep Dish Cake Batter Cookies from The Domestic Rebel
Sally, we are all so happy for you! We wish you love, laughter and sprinkles filled days on this new path!