Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes - a winter breakfast idea that everyone will love! Fluffy pancakes with all the flavors of gingerbread!
Hello, Sunday! It's cold outside. Let's make a winter themed breakfast!
I hope you guys don't mind that I am sharing a Christmas recipe before Thanksgiving. I can't help it! I ended my pumpkin series with these scrumptious muffins and my mind is set on Christmas flavors. Bring on the peppermint, eggnog and gingerbread!
These pancakes are perfect for a chilly weekend this season. They are bound to put you in a holiday spirit with the first bite! They are packed with spices and flavors signature to gingerbread. Make a big stack of them on the weekend following Thanksgiving Day, turn on the holiday music and make a big mug of eggnog latte and pull out the boxes with Christmas decorations. Now that sounds like a fantastic way to spend a weekend!
I love gingerbread. I can't imagine holidays without it! The fragrance that spreads through the house when we bake our traditional gingerbread cookies makes the house that much more cozy. These pancakes have all this plus you eat the warm which makes the spices that much more pronounced. I love it!
For this recipe, I used my favorite pancake recipe that makes them fluffy and so tasty! I added cinnamon, cloves and ginger and molasses - that's where the gingerbread goodness lays. The molasses made the pancakes moist. Each bite just melts in your mouth. No toughness here, that's for sure!
Our kids sprinkled some Christmas sprinkles on top of their pancakes and quickly devoured their stacks! Then, we decorated our tree and made some white chocolate popcorn and set out to watch movies. I told ya these pancakes puts you in a festive mood!
Fluffy Gingerbread Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 4 Tablespoons molasses (I used Grandma's Molasses)
- Preheat griddle or a large pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and ginger.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together water, milk, eggs, oil and molasses.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold in with a rubber spatula. The batter should be lumpy. Do not overmix. Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoops of the pancake batter onto a preheated griddle or pan. Bake each pancake until bubbles start to appear all over the surface and the pancake starts to set around the edges. Flip and cook until the other side is set.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Serve warm with warmed up maple syrup.