Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries and Cream Cheese - elegant breakfast or brunch idea that's quite easy to make. Delicious chocolate crepes filled with cream cheese and strawberries.
Welcome to day 7 of our Valentine's Day Celebration event! Today we are talking breakfast. Well, technically it can be breakfast or dessert. Judge for yourself. 🙂
Chocolate Crepes with Strawberries and Cream Cheese Filling.
It's pretty amazing what you can do with just few simple ingredients. And how quickly you can create a dessert that satisfies visually and in taste.
But then, if you ask me, I will say that pairing chocolate with fruit will always win thumbs up. 🙂 My Hubby and our kids were scarfing these down like nobody's business. These crepes are amazing! Filled with sweet cream cheese filling and sliced strawberries and dusted with powdered sugar. Now, that's a breakfast!
Recipe slightly adapted from Julia Child.
Actually, I am thinking these are great for a lazy Sunday morning. Or make it a brunch! Ahhh, there are just so many reasons to enjoy chocolate crepes with strawberries and cream cheese. Wouldn't you agree? 🙂
This recipe makes 8 crepes.
- ½ c cold water
- ½ c cold milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ c all-purpose flour
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ c shaved chocolate ( not chocolate chips; optional )
- 4 tablespoon melted butter or canola oil or coconut oil ( melted )
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ c powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 6 - 8 strawberries , washed and sliced
- Place water, milk, eggs, shaved chocolate and salt in a blender and blend for few minutes until it all comes together.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and blend again.
- Drizzle in melted butter ( or oil ) and blend for 2 minutes.
- Cover and chill the batter for at least 2 hours. I refrigerated it overnight.
- When ready to make crepes, preheat crepe pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar and beat until comes together. Add cream and beat again. Set aside.
- Using ¼ c scoops of batter, fry crepes in the preheated pan. Fry for about 1 minute on medium heat. When you see the edges set, try to slide your spatula under the crepe. If it tears, leave of for another 10 seconds and try again.
- Flip the crepe and fry on the other side for 10 to 15 seconds. Slide onto a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread each crepe with cream cheese filling. Place strawberry slices only on half of the crepe. Fold in half and then fold again. Place on a serving dish. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
I made this for Valentine's Day this year but substituted the cream cheese filling with a vanilla bean custard. I also used dark chocolate shavings, the bitter of the chocolate with the sweetness of the custard was a delicious combo. Thanks for sharing your crepe recipe!
I always look forward to our weekend breakfast/brunch because I have no time to make pancakes/waffles/crepes on weekdays for the kids. They known weekend breakfast is special. I'm ready to surprise them with CHOCOLATE crepes! So glad I found this post today. Not too late for V-day, AND weekend treat. They will be shocked what I make for breakfast tomorrow. Thank you for the recipe!!! I should make enough for snack too. 😉
I suggest you double the recipe then 🙂 And yes, it's perfect for V-Day and weekend breakfast! Thank you so much, Nami! Let me know how you guys like them!
Lizzy Do says
These look magnificent, Anna!
Danielle Giannandrea says
Now that's my kind of breakfast! Chocolate and strawberries (and cream cheese!) are a winning combo. Looks delicious!
If only we could have it everyday! 🙂 Thanks, Danielle!
Averie Cooks says
Holy moly those look good! I love crepes and Ive never had choco crepes! Must try them!
Yes, please do! I think you will love them! Thanks, Averie!
Simply scrumptious!! YUM! 🙂
🙂 Thank you, my friend!
I would love these any time of day! 🙂 Chocolate and fresh strawberries is one of my favorites!
Same here! thanks, Jessica!