This Chicken Skillet with Tomatoes and Feta is a quick dinner idea with fresh and simple ingredients. Done in 20 minutes, this one-pan dish is bursting with flavor and bound to be a hit!
Why You'll Love This Dish
If you saw or even tried the viral Baked Feta Pasta recipe that won the internet a few months ago but wanted a pasta-free version, I have just the recipe for you! This Chicken Skillet with Tomatoes and Feta is one of the easiest and quickest dishes you can make. The TikTok recipe lacked flavor in my opinion. Where are the garlic, onion, and seasoning? This skillet dinner has it all!
Chunks of juicy chicken, sauteed veggies, burst tomatoes, and creamy, tangy feta cheese make a delicious combo in just one skillet. Serve it with rice, noodles, or in lettuce cups!
- butter and oil
- seasoning: salt, pepper, dried oregano
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
How to make Chicken Skillet with Tomatoes and Feta?
- Start by seasoning the chicken and heating up the oil and butter in a skillet.
- Brown the chicken, then remove it onto a plate.
- Add onion to skillet and saute until translucent.
- Add garlic and oregano and stir. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and saute until they burst.
- Season with salt.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Add feta cheese and stir in. Remove the skillet from heat.
What to serve with this dish?
Rice, noodles, mashed potatoes, lettuce cups - anything you want! This dish pairs with all of them so well.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Absolutely! This dish can be made up to 4 days in advance, just remember to cool it completely, then place it in containers with lids. Store in the fridge and reheat before serving.
More easy dinner recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Chicken Skillet with Tomatoes and Feta
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz feta cheese
- Start by slicing each chicken breast into ½ inch thick strips. Cut each strip into 3 to 4 bite-size pieces. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Crumble feta, if yours was in a block.
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil with 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove onto a plate.
- Add remaining oil and butter to skillet.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent.
- Add garlic and oregano. Stir in and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and stir in. Saute until the tomatoes burst. You may need to press down gently on each to help them burst. The tomatoes will release juice. Use it to deglaze the pan: scrape the cooked on bits of flavor with a wooden spoon. This way all the flavors will be in the sauce.
- Add chicken back to skillet and reheat.
- Add feta cheese and stir everything together.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- This dish can be made up to 4 days in advance, just remember to cool it completely, then place it in containers with lids. Store in the fridge and reheat before serving.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.