Your new favorite quick chocolate fix: Brownie Batter Truffles. So easy and so chocolaty!
This is my secret recipe.
A secret recipe for an easy treat that always satisfies my sweet tooth when I don’t have time to bake. And now I’m going to give it all away. Because we are all friends here, right?
It uses just a few basic ingredients, a little chillin’ time and off it goes, straight into your mouth to melt and take you away down the chocolate slide…. Mmmmmmm…..
The taste is spot on! Just like brownie batter. You have to try these!
I may or may not make a batch every Wednesday before “Nashville”. 🙂 Because these little balls of chocolatey indulgence (and they truly are indulgent) are a no-fuss treat for chocoholics like me.
But if you are planning to share them with someone, you may want to double the batch. They go fast!
This recipe makes about 15 truffles.
- 3/8 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c light brown sugar
- a dash of salt
- 3/8 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter , melted
- 4 oz . semi-sweet chocolate for coating or cocoa powder for dusting
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, sugars, salt and flour.
- In a measuring cup, stir together melted butter and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until all comes together and forms a dough.
- Cover the bowl and chill for about 1 hour, or until set.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon size balls.
- Place bowls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the balls into the fridge while you melt the chocolate OR roll in cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish or over a double boiler.
- Dip each brownie batter ball in the melted chocolate and set back on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate coating is set.
- Store truffles in a covered container in the fridge.