Baked Chocolate Donuts with Red Velvet Marshmallow Glaze – easy yet festive treat for the chocolate and red velvet lovers! This post is sponsored by PEEPS®.
Meet chocolate cake donuts dipped in a generous amount of red velvet marshmallow glaze. Aka my favorite donut creation of all times. There is no denying that the sparkling glaze makes these babies so festive – perfect for the holidays! Now that’s a way to welcome December!
If I had to choose one candy that we always buy for the holidays (and not only the Winter ones), I would go with PEEPS®. Our kids absolutely love the little marshmallow chicks coated in sparkling sugar. They are cute and fun and make for a perfect addition to any treat collection. This holiday season, I am partnering with PEEPS® to bring you a recipe that is a part of their “24 Days of PEEPSONALITY” campaign. Don’t you just love the play on words here? 🙂 Just look at them, in all their festive red sugar coats:
I melted three Red Velvet PEEPS® chicks with butter and mix it with powdered sugar to create the glaze. It is deep red and shiny – perfect on top of baked chocolate donuts. Red velvet chocolate treat is just so festive and bound to be the star of your holiday table.
I received PEEPS® Red Velvet Chicks Dipped in Cream Flavored Fudge and PEEPS® Vanilla Crème Chicks Pops and couldn’t help myself but choose the red velvet ones for my project. It must be the sparkle! Each package has three red velvet-flavored chicks dipped in cream fudge. They are so pretty, I would use them as a decoration on my holiday treats platter and give as stocking stuffers. They retail for $1.99 to $2.49 for a three count package. The PEEPS® Vanilla Crème Chicks Pops will be a huge hit with kids! How fun is it to have four PEEPS® chicks on a stick! They retail for $1.99 – $2.49 for a four count package.
Baked Chocolate Donuts with Red Velvet Marshmallow Glaze
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 4 Tablespoons
- 3 in PEEPS® Red Velvet Chicks Dipped Cream Flavored Fudge
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons whole milk or half and half
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Grease a 6 donut pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (buttermilk, vanilla, egg and oil).
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Fill the donut pan with batter. Tap the pan gently against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake donuts for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze: melt butter in medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add PEEPS® Red Velvet Chicks Dipped in Cream Flavored Fudge and stirring constantly, cook until melted. Remove the saucepan from heat. Sift powder sugar over melted marshmallow mixture. Whisk in until smooth. Add milk as needed if the mixture is too thick.
- Dip cooled donuts in glaze and set on cooling rack to set.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by PEEPS. All opinions, text and photos are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.