This Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is made with fresh or frozen cranberries, water, sugar and spices. This quick and easy homemade sauce saves time and frees your stove for other dishes.
My Instant Pot never fails me, especially during the holidays. I am blown away that I can make quick cranberry sauce right in my pressure cooker! It's very easy. All you need to do is place everything in the Instant Pot and it will cook it in minutes! You can make flavor variations with orange juice, spices or even make it sugar-free. Make it in advance and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- fresh or frozen cranberries
- vanilla extract
- ground nutmeg
- Add cranberries to the Instant Pot.
- Add water and sugar. Do not stir.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally.
- Stir the sauce and let it cool completely.
Can I make this sauce ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can make it up to 2 days ahead and store in the fridge, in a container with lid. It will thicken even more while it chills.
I store my prepared cranberry sauce in a fridge, in a container with lid.
Can I double this recipe?
This recipe serves about 4 people or 2 adults and 2 to 3 children. If you are making dinner for more people or simply have folks that love cranberry sauce, you can easily double the recipe. Use double the amount of ingredients. The cooking time stays the same.
- with orange: use 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of orange juice in the recipe.
- with more spices: add 1/4 teaspoon of each ground cinnamon and ginger.
- no sugar: use 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.
More Instant Pot holiday side dishes:
For more recipes using the digital pressure cooker, feel free to browse our Instant Pot Category. Also, check out my Instant Pot Guide for Beginners, filled with all the info you need to get started with your new appliance! Seeing BURN message on your IP? Read my Instant Pot Burn Message post to learn why and how to save your dish.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Make sure the stainless steel insert is in your Instant Pot.
- Place cranberries in the pot. Add water and stir.
- Add sugar on top of cranberries and DO NOT stir.
- Close the lid and switch the valve to sealing position. Newer IP models do it on their own.
- Make sure the Instant Pot is set to cook on HIGH pressure.
- Press "manual" or "pressure cook" setting. Set timer to 3 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will beep and it will start coming to pressure, which can take up to 10 minutes.
- The timer will start after a few seconds.
- Once the timer is done, press "cancel/off" button. You can unplug your Instant Pot.
- Let it release the pressure naturally. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Carefully open the lid away from the face. Stir the sauce. It will look quite watery.
- Add vanilla extract and cloves and stir.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl and let it cool completely. It will thicken as it cools.
- If you like your sauce chunky, cut down the cooking time to 1 minute.
- I make this recipe for our family of 5 (two adults and 3 children). You can easily double the ingredients, cooking time stays the same.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use the calorie counter you are familiar with.