Fiesta Fried Rice – a quick one-pot dinner idea with a shortcut! Also, enter the giveaway to win some fantastic prizes!
I am here today with another easy dinner solution for you – an easy fried rice with Mexican flavors that comes together in 20 minutes! All thanks to a shortcut from Knorr and their sides! One-pot dinners are very popular these days and I have to say, I love them too! All of the flavors mingle together in one pot and turn into a quick and delicious dinner. Also, I have less dishes to wash. I already have a lot of them so any help here is appreciated! 🙂
This fajita fried rice is so quick to make. You fry the meat, add some veggies, cook it all together, add the rice mix and water and let it all simmer for 10 minutes. That’s it! Seriously, this cannot be any easier! Feel free to use chicken in place of beef or add other veggies. This dish is made for variations.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 yellow onion , chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes or 1 large tomato , chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 lb beef , thin cut (or thin sliced chuck steak)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1 pkg Knorr Rice Sides (I used Spanish Rice)
- 2 cups water
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine beef with salt, pepper, cumin and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. (See note)
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil.
- Add beef to the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef browns nicely.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper and tomatoes. Cook until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Ad the rice mix, water and corn to the saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring often.
- Lower the heat to low setting, cover the pot and let simmer until the rice is cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Let stand in room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.