Chocolate Ganache Cake – one layer chocolate cake, covered with ganache and sugar hearts. Perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day!
CHOCOLATE GANACHE CAKE
This cake requires one bowl. It’s one layer, easy to decorate and absolutely delicious. I used this heart cake pan. If you don’t have a heart pan, don’t worry. You can make it in an 8″ round pan and it will still come out looking gorgeous. I hope you are on board with the ganache. It’s ridiculously easy to make and so much better than frosting. Try it once, and you will want to make it over and over. I also used my sugar hearts as an additional decoration here, but you can use raspberries or strawberries or simply skip this step. It’s all up to you. Just have fun! That’s what this is all about!
HOW TO MAKE GANACHE FROSTING?
Place chocolate in a small mixing bowl. Bring the cream, sugar and corn syrup to boil. Pour over chocolate. Do not stir. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. That’s it! Now it’s ready to be poured over the cake.
MORE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES:
CHOCOLATE GANACHE CAKE RECIPE:
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1 egg
- 6 oz . semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn syrup
- Butter the bottom and sides of the pan. Line the bottom with a parchment paper. I outlined the bottom of the heart pan on parchment paper and cut it out. Place the parchment paper on greased bottom. Grease the paper. Lightly dust the pan with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl of your stand mixer, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add milk and beat until combined. Add oil and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely before glazing.
- Place chocolate in a small mixing bowl.
- Bring the cream, sugar and corn syrup to boil. Pour over chocolate. Do not stir. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Place your cake on a wire rack. Set the rack over a parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake, letting it drip over the sides. With a spatula, smooth out the sides of the cake with ganache. Let set.
- Scrape the leftover ganache from the parchment paper into a small bowl. When the ganache on your cake is dry, drizzle the cake with leftover ganache. If the leftover ganache hardened, place in a microwave for few seconds to get it to drizzling consistency.
- Let set. Slice with hot but dry knife.