Apple Pie Spice Latte for the chilly fall mornings or afternoons. So much better because made in your own kitchen!
There are many things I look forward to this fall season: apples, pumpkins, brown, red and orange leaves on the lawn, chilly mornings, plaid throws, TV shows, seasonal Yankee Candles and so much more.
Chilly mornings require a good coffee. Better yet, a latte. Like this Apple Pie Spice Latte.
I will take apples before pumpkins any day. I just love love love them! I have a trip planned to our local orchard for apple picking and I think I am more excited than my kids! 🙂 I could have baskets and baskets of apples filling my kitchen and I would be totally happy!
I had this idea of Apple Pie Spice Latte in my head, since all the latte recipes started flowing all over Pinterest and appearing on my favorite food blogs. And since Pumpkin Spice Latte has been done and shared already, I thought that this one could be the next great latte idea. I hope you will agree!
The syrup that is the base for this latte comes from the RecipeGirl cookbook. It's a cider syrup for Lori's Apple-Bacon Waffles (which by the way sound absolutely amazing and I need to make them soon!). I loved the idea of a homemade syrup I could use when I am out of the maple kind and I saved the recipe. Turns out it's perfect for this latte! And so incredibly easy to make!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Apple Pie Spice Latte
!for the latte:
- 2 shots of espresso or ¼ to ½ c freshly brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk steamed
- 5 tablespoon Apple Pie Spice Syrup recipe follows
- whipped cream optional
- dash of ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon optional
!for the Apple Pie Spice Syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
!to make the Apple Pie Spice Syrup:
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Whisk in apple juice and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, until boils and thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk in the butter.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Store in a jar with lid for up to a week.
!to make the latte:
- Pour 5 tablespoons of the Apple Pie Spice Syrup into your mug.
- Top with espresso.
- Top with steamed milk.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
Have you been apple picking already this season?