Apple Bundt Cake - delicious bundt cake with chunks of apples, spiced with cinnamon and cloves and drizzled with sweet caramel glaze. Perfect Thanksgiving dessert idea!
APPLE BUNDT CAKE
We all know bundt cakes are beautiful. I love this cake. It has a perfect amount of apples and spices in every slice. The caramel glaze is super simple and makes for a delicious finishing touch for this showstopper. I used pecans as a topping. When it comes to holiday desserts, little things like that matter. Toast the pecans for few minutes, chop and sprinkle over the almost set glaze. You can add them to the batter before baking the cake, but I have many people in our family that don't like nuts in baked goods. Besides I like the look of the cake with the pecans on top. 🙂
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- cinnamon, cloves
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- vanilla extract
- Granny Smith apples
- confectioners sugar
How to make Apple Bundt Cake?
- Start by mixing melted and cooled butter with flour and brush the inside of your bundt pan. This will make it for easy release of the cake from pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix sugars, applesauce, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
- Make the glaze and drizzle over cake.
How to Slice a Bundt Cake?
One more tip: to get a nice slice every time, use a serrated knife, like the one you would use for slicing bread. The apple pieces in the cake can pull during slicing with a regular knife and create empty spaces in the slices. So after the cake is completely cooled, use a serrated knife to slice it.
More Bundt Cake Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Apple Bundt Cake
!for the cake
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 1 c vegetable or canola oil
- ½ c applesauce
- 2 large eggs room temperature, beaten
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 c chopped Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped
- ¾ c chopped pecans
!for the glaze:
- ½ c packed brown sugar
- ¼ c unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 c confectioners' sugar
- Prepare the 10 cup bundt pan: in a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon melted butter (coowith 1 tablespoon flour. With a pastry brush (or by using your fingergrease the bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl place granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat on low until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pan and invert the cake onto the plate.
- Let cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan,combine brown sugar, butter and milk.
- Whisking constantly, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar. Whisk until drizzling consistency. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over the almost set glaze.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can skip the glaze and dust the cake with powdered sugar.