Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins – baked muffins that taste like donuts, dressed with sweet vanilla glaze and sprinkles.
I’ve been invited to a party!
It wouldn’t be a party without treats, so I made donut muffins! With vanilla glaze! And sprinkles!
I thought they would be perfect for a celebration. After making this chocolate version, I knew that a vanilla one would be next.
They are super easy to make and make quite the cute treat. It’s Spring and time to celebrate the season. Flowers are blooming and the grass is getting greener. Where ever you look, there are reasons to celebrate.
Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins - baked muffins that taste like donuts, dressed with sweet vanilla glaze and sprinkles.
This recipe makes 15 donut muffins.
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c milk
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tsp milk
- clear vanilla extract or other flavoring
- Grease muffins tin (cavities and the top). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda and salt). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix together oil and both sugars. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Pour into muffin pan, filling each cavity 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 3 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely before glazing.
- !make the glaze:
- Place sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla or other flavoring and whisk.
- Add milk, starting with 2 teaspoons, adding more as you go, if needed, until you reach thick but drizzling consistency.
- Dip each donut muffin head down into the glaze, letting the excess drip off.
- Place on a wire rack, wait 30 seconds until the glaze drips down a little bit more, then add sprinkles.
You may also like these donut muffin recipes: