I’ve been invited to a party!
A Housewarming party for Ashley from Something Swanky!
Ashley is a dessert blogger and a graphic designer. What you will find on her blog is an array of treats that will save you from any kind of cravings. Check out her Better Than Anything Caramel Stuffed Brownies, S’Moreo Seven Layer Bars or Dark Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats. Ashley is also your go to gal when it comes to PicMonkey. She will teach you how to create a gallery of images for your sidebar, a custom header for your blog or social media icons. Check out her blog Something Swanky! You won’t be disappointed!
Ashley is moving into her new home and to celebrate a group of fabulous bloggers got together to throw a housewarming party for her!!!
It wouldn’t be a party without treats, so I made donut muffins! With vanilla glaze! And sprinkles!
I thought they would be perfect for a celebration. After making this chocolate version, I knew that a vanilla one would be next.
They are super easy to make and make quite the cute treat. It’s Spring and time to celebrate the season. Flowers are blooming and the grass is getting greener. Where ever you look, there are reasons to celebrate.
Yields about 15 muffins
Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins solve the question: donut or muffins for dessert? Super easy to make and absolutely adorable! I adapted this recipe for Glazed Chocolate Donut Muffins
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/3 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 and 2/3 c all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c milk
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 tsp milk
- clear vanilla extract or other flavoring
- Grease muffins tin (cavities and the top). Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda and salt). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix together oil and both sugars. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla and mix again.
- With mixer on low speed, mix in dry ingredients alternating with milk.
- Pour into muffin pan, filling each cavity 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 3 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely before glazing.
- Place sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla or other flavoring and whisk.
- Add milk, starting with 2 teaspoons, adding more as you go, if needed, until you reach thick but drizzling consistency.
- Dip each donut muffin head down into the glaze, letting the excess drip off.
- Place on a wire rack, wait 30 seconds until the glaze drips down a little bit more, then add sprinkles.
Congrats on the new home, Ashley! I hope you will get a chance to enjoy these donut muffins! 🙂
Here is a list of other participants! Check out what they are bringing to the party!
Julianne at Beyond Frosting – Pound cake with Champagne Glaze
Kate at Food Babbles – Raspberry Lemon Coffee Cake
Anna at Crunchy Creamy Sweet – Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins
Loretta at A Finn in the Kitchen – Caramelized Almond Nougat Mousse Ice-cream
Joanne at Fifteen Spatulas – Cinnamon Crumb Coffee Cake
Ashley at Kitchen Meets Girl – Blueberry Muffins
Amber at Bluebonnets and Brownies – Lemon Drop Cookies
Dorothy at Crazy for Crust – Reese’s Fudge
Joan at Chocolate Chocolate and more – Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Quiche
Roxana at Roxana’s Home Baking – Banana Sheet Cake
Julie at White Lights on Wednesday – Mocha Cupcake Milkshake
Hayley at The Domestic Rebel Banana Split Poke Cake
Tanya at Lemons for Lulu – Lemon Muffins
Natasha at The Cake Merchant – Nutella Layer Cake
Jocelyn at Inside Brucrew Life – Butterscotch Banana Muffins
You may also like these donut muffin recipes:
Have a fabulous day!