Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

vanila donut muffins 11 Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

I’ve been invited to a party!

A Housewarming party for Ashley from Something Swanky!

Ashley is a dessert blogger and a graphic designer. What you will find on her blog is an array of treats that will save you from any kind of cravings. Check out her Better Than Anything Caramel Stuffed Brownies, S’Moreo Seven Layer Bars or Dark Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats. Ashley is also your go to gal when it comes to PicMonkey. She will teach you how to create a gallery of images for your sidebara custom header for your blog or social media icons. Check out her blog Something Swanky!  You won’t be disappointed!

Ashley is moving into her new home and to celebrate a group of fabulous bloggers got together to throw a housewarming party for her!!!

11715 467691159978534 1316935941 n Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

It wouldn’t be a party without treats, so I made donut muffins! With vanilla glaze! And sprinkles!

I thought they would be perfect for a celebration. After making this chocolate version, I knew that a vanilla one would be next.

vanilla donut muffins 2 Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

They are super easy to make and make quite the cute treat. It’s Spring and time to celebrate the season. Flowers are blooming and the grass is getting greener. Where ever you look, there are reasons to celebrate.

Yields about 15 muffins

Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins

Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins solve the question: donut or muffins for dessert? Super easy to make and absolutely adorable! I adapted this recipe for Glazed Chocolate Donut Muffins

20 minPrep Time

• 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 c milk
  • for the glaze:
  • 2 c powdered sugar
  • 2 to 4 tsp milk
  • clear vanilla extract or other flavoring

1. Grease muffins tin (cavities and the top). Set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
  3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, soda and salt). Set aside.
  4. In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix together oil and both sugars. Mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.
  5. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
  6. Add vanilla and mix again.
  7. With mixer on low speed, mix in dry ingredients alternating with milk.
  8. Pour into muffin pan, filling each cavity 3/4 full.
  9. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
  10. Cool in pan for 3 minutes, then transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely before glazing.
  11. make the glaze:
  12. Place sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Add vanilla or other flavoring and whisk.
  13. Add milk, starting with 2 teaspoons, adding more as you go, if needed, until you reach thick but drizzling consistency.
  14. Dip each donut muffin head down into the glaze, letting the excess drip off.
  15. Place on a wire rack, wait 30 seconds until the glaze drips down a little bit more, then add sprinkles.

vanilla donut muffins 3 Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

Congrats on the new home, Ashley! I hope you will get a chance to enjoy these donut muffins! icon smile Glazed Vanilla Donut Muffins and Housewarming Party

Here is a list of other participants! Check out what they are bringing to the party!

Julianne at Beyond Frosting – Pound cake with Champagne Glaze

Roxana at Roxana’s Home Baking – Banana Sheet Cake

Julie at White Lights on Wednesday – Mocha Cupcake Milkshake

Hayley at The Domestic Rebel Banana Split Poke Cake

Tanya at Lemons for Lulu – Lemon Muffins

Natasha at The Cake Merchant – Nutella Layer Cake

Jocelyn at Inside Brucrew Life – Butterscotch Banana Muffins

You may also like these donut muffin recipes:

Spice Donut Muffins with Peanut Butter Glaze

Glazed Chocolate Donut Muffins

Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donut Muffins

Have a fabulous day!

1. Raquel Tobler says

These looked so delicious, and we are big fans of donuts. But they did not taste like donuts at all! They turned out dense, and tasted more like a roll than a donut. I followed the directions exactly. Any ideas why they didn’t turn out?

• CrunchyCreamySw says

If you are looking for a taste of yeast fried donuts, then no – they will not taste like that. They do however taste like baked donuts. The recipe is similar, you just bake them in a muffin tin instead of a donut pan. Hope this helps. Thanks, Raquel!

2. Loretta E says

First of all, I adore that first shot! And doing a donut as a muffin is a great idea for a person like me that hasn’t gotten around to buying a donut pan yet and doesn’t want to resort to frying. Pinned for sure!

3. Carol | a cup of mascarpone says

These are the cutest muffins ever, and sound delicious! Love the translucent glaze…so, so pretty, Anna!

4. Kate | Food Babbles says

These are absolutely adorable!! Almost too pretty to eat… almost. I’d gobbled them all up ;) LOVE the “balancing act” first picture. Wow!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

lol It was so tricky to keep them like that for few seconds! Or maybe it was because my kiddos were standing behind me waiting to grab them! lol Thanks, Kate!

5. Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl says

These donut muffins look awesome! I’m a donut/muffin freak, so I’ll have to try these out SOON! So glad to “meet” you at Ashton’s party!

6. says

I made something like this already for my cookbook. :) Much different recipe, but I swear – we love the same things!! Sprinkles for breakfast is always welcomed in my kitchen!

7. says

Wish I was on the guest list!

These muffins look WICKED tasty……..

PS-Anna, I’m giving away up to 5 copies of Hollis Wilder’s cookbook. You should get in on the action!

8. Roxana GreenGirl says

it’s almost time for my 3 o’clock coffee and treat. Now I wonder how can I grab one or more of your donut muffins and have them. Sounds delish Anna!

• CrunchyCreamySw says

If you figure it out, let me know! I want a slice of your banana cake! :) Thanks, Roxana!

9. marcie @ flavor the moments says

Your donut muffins always look fantastic! I’ve go to make some very soon. That’s one nice house warming present for Ashton!

10. Jennifer W. says

Can you please tell me if these are made in a regular size cupcake pan (12) or in a mini cupcake pan? I can’t tell from the pictures, and the recipe doesn’t mention a size.

• CrunchyCreamySw says

Hi Jennifer! I used a standard muffin pan (12 muffins in one pan). Thank you for the question. Let me know if you give these a try!

11. tanya-Lemons for Lulu says

I would be thrilled to receive these gorgeous muffins! That glaze and those sprinkles are so darn inviting!

12. Ashton says

You are so sweet! Thank you so much for being a part of this “sweet” surprise! Seriously– blogging friends are the best!! :) And these donuts look so killer– I can eat donuts like it’s my job!! Oh… wait a minute… it IS my job ;)

13. Jennifer Pleskina says

These are gorgeous! Newest bloglovin follower, found you via Roxana at Roxana’s Home Baking.

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤… Jennifer
    Jenn’s Random Scraps

14. says

What a fun way to welcome someone into her new home! Love doughnuts and muffins (and sprinkles! :)) — even better when they’re combined.

Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough

15. Jennie @themessybakerblog says

These are the cutest! I love the glaze and, of course, the sprinkles.

• CrunchyCreamySw says

Not sure what happened that the recipe box didn’t show… All fixed now! Thanks, Averie!