Move over popcorn! There is a new snack in town!
Not really though. It’s not like you have never heard of muddy buddies aka puppy chow. But! We are talking a new flavor today.
Enter Biscoff and milk chocolate.
It’s been 2 whole months since we had muddy buddies to enjoy. It’s a traditional snack around Christmas for us. And popcorn is a go to almost everyday snack. But it was time to shake things up and make something different.
Besides, if you remember from this post, I have 8 jars (well, 5 left actually) of Biscoff cookie spread and I am trying to find ways to enjoy it. Besides via spoon right into my mouth. Don’t judge! I know I am not alone!
You want to know why you don’t see a huge bowl in the picture? Because it’s all that was left 5 minutes after I made this. And no! It wasn’t only me. Well, mostly but I had accomplices. My girls. Boys are not into Biscoff apparently.
But who’s complaining? We watched “Secret of the Wings” and enjoyed this snack this weekend. We had a blast! Boys were playing Hot Wheels. They are different like that.
Let me tell you right quick about this snack. Here is the deal with cookie spread: it’s tricky to use in baking. You have to know it won’t solidify or harden whatever you do. I tried adding coconut oil to it in hopes it would harden. It won’t. So i decided to add some chocolate (hello, never enough chocolate around here!) and see if I can still enjoy the Biscoff flavor. Milk chocolate in my opinion is better here than semi-sweet or dark because it won’t overpower the cookie spread. I added it to taste it, not to just say I used it.
Yields 3 cups
Skip the popcorn! Make Biscoff muddy buddies in 10 minutes flat!
9 minPrep Time
1 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3 c rice chex
- 3 Tbsp Biscoff cookie spread or cookie butter
- 1 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Place powdered sugar in a medium Ziploc bag.Set side.
- Place rice chex in a medium mixing bowl.
- Place chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and cook in 10 second increments until melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in Biscoff. Mix well until smooth.
- Pour Biscoff chocolate mixture over rice chex and toss to coat well.
- Place the chex in the Ziploc bag with powdered sugar and shake until each piece is nicely coated.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve.
So if you need a little jazz in your life, try this version of muddy buddies. And I will tell you right now: double the recipe. It goes fast!
Have a fabulous day!!!