Turn cauliflower into creamy and delicious sauce with the addition of roasted garlic and Parmesan! Skip the cheese for a vegan option! Check out comments below from my readers that tried this recipe and love it!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE
This sauce is a combination of two veggies I absolutely love: cauliflower and garlic. I grew up eating a lot of cauliflower. My Mom had a collection of recipes using this veggie and made them a lot. The smell of sauteed garlic is my childhood memory, since my grandmother used it in almost every dish. I always have a jar of minced garlic in my fridge and now, roasted garlic cloves too. (P.S. I made a page on roasting garlic! Check it out, HERE!).
I add Parmesan cheese to my sauce because there is no Alfredo without it, but feel free to skip it for a vegan option or if you are currently on a Whole30 program!
According to MyFitnessPal, one serving of this sauce is 118 calories!
For the original post, click HERE.
Check our video to see how to make it!
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo – creamy pasta dish that’s super easy to make and has less calories!
Healthy Spinach Dip Mac and Cheese (with cauliflower sauce) – creamy cauliflower sauce is perfect for a healthy macaroni. The kids love it too!
How to roast garlic – my fail-proof technique for roasting garlic. So many comments from readers who use it too!
Butternut Squash Alfredo Sauce – another veggie sauce that can replace a standard cream and cheese Alfredo. This one is gorgeous too!
Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – one of the most popular recipes on my blog! This pasta bake is a family favorite!
Pasta Carbonara – a classic but made without egg! Easier, healthier and still delicious!
One Pot Mushroom Spinach Pasta with Beans – healthy vegetarian pasta dish that’s packed with flavor!
Pesto Pasta Salad – quick and easy pasta salad that’s perfect for lunch to work or school.
- 1 medium cauliflower head 4 cups of florets
- 7 cloves roasted garlic see my tutorial link in notes
- 1/2 cup broth or water reserved from cooking the cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional but recommended
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a large pot and fill with water or broth or an equal mix of both. Cook the cauliflower until tender.
- Remove from water and place on a large baking sheet. Let cool slightly before blending.
- Place cauliflower, roasted garlic cloves, half of a cup of the cooking water or broth and cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if your sauce is too thick to your likings.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the sauce right away or pour into a jar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
how to roast garlic: https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/how-to-roast-garlic/