Turn cauliflower into creamy and delicious sauce with the addition of roasted garlic and Parmesan! Skip the cheese for a vegan option! Check out comments below from my readers that tried this recipe and love it!
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE?
This sauce is a combination of two veggies I absolutely love: cauliflower and garlic. I grew up eating a lot of cauliflower. My Mom had a collection of recipes using this veggie and made them a lot. The smell of sauteed garlic is my childhood memory since my grandmother used it in almost every dish. I always have a jar of minced garlic in my fridge and now, roasted garlic cloves too. (P.S. I made a page on roasting garlic! Check it out, HERE!).
I add Parmesan cheese to my sauce because there is no Alfredo without it, but feel free to skip it for a vegan option or if you are currently on a Whole30 program!
According to MyFitnessPal, one serving of this sauce is 118 calories!
For the original post, click HERE.
CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE VIDEO:
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES:
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo – creamy pasta dish that’s super easy to make and has less calories!
Healthy Spinach Dip Mac and Cheese (with cauliflower sauce) – creamy cauliflower sauce is perfect for a healthy macaroni. The kids love it too!
How to roast garlic – my fail-proof technique for roasting garlic. So many comments from readers who use it too!
Butternut Squash Alfredo Sauce – another veggie sauce that can replace a standard cream and cheese Alfredo. This one is gorgeous too!
Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta – one of the most popular recipes on my blog! This pasta bake is a family favorite!
Pasta Carbonara – a classic but made without egg! Easier, healthier and still delicious!
ROASTED GARLIC CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO SAUCE RECIPE:
- 1 medium cauliflower head 4 cups of florets
- 7 cloves roasted garlic see my tutorial link in notes
- 1/2 cup broth or water reserved from cooking the cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional but recommended
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Place in a large pot and fill with water or broth or an equal mix of both. Cook the cauliflower until tender.
- Remove from water and place on a large baking sheet. Let cool slightly before blending.
- Place cauliflower, roasted garlic cloves, half of a cup of the cooking water or broth and cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if your sauce is too thick to your likings.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Use the sauce right away or pour into a jar. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
how to roast garlic: https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/how-to-roast-garlic/