Summer Avalanche Bars – gooey rice krispies dessert bars filled with white chocolate, peanut butter, mini marshmallows and fun sprinkles!
We had a throwdown! Rice krispies competition, if you will. Two teams, one goal. To make the best no-bake rice krispies treat. It’s the Olympics influence. Like I said yesterday, it won’t make me want to run. But it sure makes me want to compete where there’s chocolate involved. 🙂 And that I can do!
We divided our household into two teams. My girls’ and me and my Hubby and Junior. They also claimed our lab as a team member ( for the equal number ) but he was only interested in the cereal that dropped on the floor. Nice team-work. 🙂
This is my girls’ and mine creation.
White chocolate, peanut butter, rice krispies, marshmallows and toasted coconut. And… sprinkles!!! The concept of Avalanche bars but with a summer makeover.
When you have two girls happy to help in the kitchen, you are bound to use sprinkles. A lot! It’s the first ingredient they wanted to use. White chocolate and coconut was absolutely my addition. But, boys don’t get smitten over sprinkles. They don’t like white chocolate or coconut. That’s why these are for girls only.
Aren’t they pretty? Perfect for tea party, birthday party or a picnic!
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
- 1 3/4 c rice krispies
- 1 c mini marshmallows
Line 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the paper. Set aside.
- To toast the coconut, place it in a non-stick pan set over medium heat. Toast until golden, stirring frequently. Set aside to cool.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips in 20-second increments. Stir until smooth. Add peanut butter and stir again.
- Add rice krispies and coconut and stir gently to coat.
Add mini marshmallows and gently fold in. Place the mixture in your baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Top with sprinkles and gently press down with a piece of parchment paper or the back of a spoon sprayed with cooking oil ( it will help with the stickiness ).
Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes. Cut into bars and serve. Store in the refrigerator.