20-Minute Skillet Pasta
Healthy vegetarian pasta dinner idea for busy weeknights. Packed with vegetable and delicious!
Servings: 4 people
- 6 oz penne pasta about 1/2 box
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 9 oz sweet cherry tomatoes all cut in half
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed well,
- 2.5 cups fresh spinach torn if desired
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional garnish
Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Rinse with warm water, set aside and keep warm.
In a measuring cup, mix together half and half, cornstarch and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, heat up olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté, stirring often, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add beans, salt, pepper and half and half mixture. Stir well. Cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens up.
Add cooked pasta and stir in gently. Remove from heat.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can use any bite-size pasta for this dish.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2230IU | Vitamin C: 22.1mg | Calcium: 149mg | Iron: 3.3mg