Rice Pilaf Recipe
This Rice Pilaf is the easiest rice dish you can make! The rice is cooked in stock with sauteed vegetables and herbs. This flavorful dish is perfect for your holiday table.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 cup white long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock see notes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Prepare the vegetables. Finely dice onion, celery and shred the carrots.
Melt one tablespoon of butter in a deep skillet.
Add rice and toast it, stirring often, until you see the grains turn light brown.
Remove it into a bowl and set aside.
Add another tablespoon of butter to skillet, along with oil.
Add vegetables and saute until softened.
Add rice and herbs to vegetables. Stir in. Cook for 1 minute.
Add stock and stir in. Simmer until the rice is cooked, about 6 to 7 minutes. Stir often. Keep the pan covered between stirring.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- You can use any stock: vegetable, chicken or turkey.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 383mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5384IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg