Homemade Chili Seasoning
This homemade chili seasoning mix is the best blend of spices that will give your chili the heat and signature flavor. You only need 5 peppers and herbs to make it and always have on hand!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
Place all spices in a small bowl.
Whisk together well.
Place in a spice jar or container with lid.
Use 1 tablespoon of seasoning per 1 lb of meat for chili.
- This seasoning is not equivalent to a store-bought packet. They contain cornstarch and other ingredients, while this is a blend of peppers and herbs. Use more according to your preferences.
- For the best flavor, saute peppers, onions, and garlic, then add seasoning to toast it. It activates it so the whole dish has the flavor. Do not just sprinkle it over chili at the end of cooking.
- This seasoning mix will last for several weeks.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 38kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2637IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 3mg