These Strawberry Pancakes are fluffy, delicious, and dressed up with slices of juicy and plump strawberries. A drizzle of honey is the finishing touch on this festive Spring breakfast dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour see note
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk see note for homemade version
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 10 to 12 strawberries
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Add lemon zest and whisk in.
In a large glass measuring cup, mix buttermilk, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir in just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Lumpy batter makes fluffier pancakes.
Preheat your griddle pan over medium heat and slice strawberries into ¼" thick slices.
Pour ¼ cup of batter per pancake onto hot pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes OR until you see bubbles pop around the edges of each pancake.
Place 3 slices of strawberries on each pancake. Wait 10 seconds, then flip pancakes and cook on the other side.
Keep cooked pancakes warm while you repeat until all the batter is used.
Serve pancakes with honey or maple syrup.
- Make homemade buttermilk by mixing 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with enough whole milk or half and half to make 1 cup of liquid. Let it stand for a few minutes to thicken.
- Adding sliced strawberries to cooking pancakes ensure all of them are cooked properly. If you add chopped strawberries to batter before cooking, you will have pockets of raw batter in your pancakes.
- This recipe can be made with other berries.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- This recipe makes about 4 servings of 3 pancakes each.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 2mg