These Cheeseburger Sliders are made with cooked, seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, and sweet Hawaiian buns! This easy party appetizer is quick and easy to make and fun to serve!
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 Hawaiian buns
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent.
Add beef to skillet and break it down with a spatula. Cook until nicely browned. Add salt, pepper and crushed pepper flakes. Remove meat from heat. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
Prepare a 13" x 9" baking pan or dish.
Slice Hawaiian rolls in half, lengthwise. Place the bottom part in the baking pan.
Top the bottom rolls part with half of the cheddar cheese. Spread it evenly.
Place meat mixture on top of cheese, spreading evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of meat layer.
Finish by closing the sliders with the top bun part.
Melt butter in a small bowl and brush on top of sliders.
Sprinkle the sliders with sesame seeds.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tops of the buns are golden brown.
- These sliders can be prepared and stored for up to 2 days, before baking. You can cook the meat and even freeze it. Assemble the sliders and bake before serving.
- Add sliced jalapenos, pickles, bacon, or other burger toppings to these sliders.
- I recommend using ground beef with slightly higher fat content, not lean. Otherwise, the meat layer will be dry.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 414mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 1mg