Turkey Brine Recipe
This simple Turkey Brine is the easiest way to ensure that the turkey is perfectly juicy! You only need 7 simple ingredients to make it. Use this brine to make the best Thanksgiving turkey!
Servings 1 serving
- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lemon cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 2 garlic bulbs slices in half lengthwise
- 5 sage leaves
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 bunches of thyme
In a medium saucepan, combine 1 quart of the water with salt and sugar. Stir well.
Bring it to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often to make sure the salt is dissolved.
Remove the mixture from heat.
Add remaining ingredients: lemon, peppercorns, garlic and herbs. Cool completely.
Place turkey in a very large pot and pour the brine over it.
Cover the pot and place it in the fridge.
Chill for 12 to 18 hours.
When ready, remove the turkey from brine, making sure to drain the cavity too.
Save the garlic, lemon slices and herbs for roasting.
- My turkey was 14 lbs and I used an 8-quart stockpot for soaking.
- The nutrition value is for the whole brine solution.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 134g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 85108mg | Potassium: 561mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 110g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 62mg | Calcium: 385mg | Iron: 5mg