Apple Dump Cake from Scratch
This Apple Dump Cake from Scratch is an easy fall dessert made without cake mix! Serve it with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Servings: 5 servings
- 20 oz apple pie filling see note
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 13" x 9" baking dish.
Spread apple pie filling in the dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
Drop cut butter and cut in with dry ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter. You can also use your hands. The mixture should be crumbly.
Sprinkle it over the filling.
Bake cake for 40 minutes, until bubbly on the edges.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- In general, one can of filling is 20 ounces. I used my homemade Apple Pie Filling recipe. It's very easy and quick to make.
- You can use other fillings too! We love it with berry fillings and peach filling too. It’s even better if you can make them from scratch too.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 507kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 165mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 594IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg