Lemon Pepper Chicken
This Lemon Pepper Chicken is juicy and flavorful! Made with quick homemade seasoning and baked in sauce, this dish is sure to become a hit in your home.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning recipe below
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock see note
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic optional
- lemon slices optional
lemon pepper seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon zest See note
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Prepare the seasoning: mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Salt each chicken breast, then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of lemon pepper seasoning per each breast and rub it in.
Lightly dredge each piece in flour.
Heat up oil and butter in a skillet.
Brown chicken for 4 minutes on each side, until nice and golden.
Place chicken in a casserole dish.
Add garlic to skillet and saute for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add wine (or stock) and lemon juice. Simmer for about 4 minutes. Add butter and melt. Pour the sauce over chicken. Add lemon slices.
Bake chicken in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes OR until the temperature reaches 165 degrees F when checked in the thickest part of each breast.
- To make dried lemon zest: zest 2 lemons, then spread the zest in a single layer on a plate and microwave in 20-second increments until you see it drying out, then let it cool completely
- Always check the internal temperature when cooking meat. The thermometer should show at least 165 degrees F for chicken.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg