Air Fryer Fried Chicken
This Air Fryer Fried Chicken is juicy inside and crispy on the outside. You will love the crunchy coating with Parmesan cheese. It's a delicious fried chicken dinner made healthier!
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs skin-on, bone-in (see note)
- 1 cup buttermilk see note
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Trim chicken of any excess fat. Place in a large bowl. Add buttermilk and make sure all pieces are coated. Cover bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (up to 8 hours).
In a bowl combine the breading ingredients: flour, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasoning.
Lightly spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F, for 3 minutes.
Shake off excess of buttermilk of each chicken pieces and dip in breading mixture. Make sure it is well coated.
Place chicken thighs in air fryer, do not stack. Close air fryer, set timer to 25 minutes.
Check the internal temperature of each chicken piece (it should be at least 180 degrees F). Cook for a few more minutes if needed.
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs, however, they will cook faster. Check their internal temperature after 20 minutes.
- To make homemade buttermilk: combine 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and enough half and half to make 1 cup of liquid. Let sit for a few minutes.
- You can easily double the recipe to make more servings, however, you will have to cook the chicken in batches.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 325mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 1.6mg