Play with the recipe and make other versions:
- spicy: add 2 teaspoons of sweet chili sauce to the sauce ingredients before adding to chicken. Add crushed red peppers if you like even more heat.
- baked: instead of frying the chicken in a pan, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange coated chicken on sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in 375 degrees F.
- skinny: to cut down on calories, skip the cornstarch coating for chicken and brown chicken pieces in olive oil in pan. Add sauce and simmer until thickened.
- honey: add 3 tablespoons of honey in place of brown sugar, to sauce mixture. Whisk and add to chicken.
- stir fry: add Asian vegetable mix (available in the frozen section in grocery stores) and noodles or cooked rice to the chicken mixture in the pan. Heat everything up and serve!
Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.