Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
A saucy pasta dish with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, olives, mushrooms and angel hair pasta. It cooks in 20 minutes and it's pure comfort food for the soul!
Servings 4 servings
- 6 oz angel hair pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 oz white mushrooms washed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 3/4 cup black olives each sliced in half
- 1 can diced tomatoes 15oz, do not drain
- 2 leaves handfuls fresh spinach torn if the are large
- 1/2 cup half and half
Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain, keep warm.
In a large saucepan, heat up olive oil and butter over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Add to saucepan.
Cook chicken until almost done. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until chicken is done.
Add black olives, the whole can of diced tomatoes (juices and all) and fresh spinach. Cook stirring often, for about 4 minutes.
Add half and half and simmer on medium-low just to heat up the mixture. Remove the saucepan from heat.
Add pasta and toss everything together. Serve.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 12.3mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 2.4mg