Stuffed Pepper Rice Skillet Recipe
A classic dish simplified! Perfectly seasoned ground beef, rice, colorful peppers, onions and garlic make this skillet dinner a family favorite! All done in 20 minutes!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground beef (you can also use ground turkey chicken cut into bite size pieces or 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 pkg Uncle Ben's Ready Rice prepared according to instructions on the package
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped red and yellow pepper
- 2 cups and 1/2 crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
To a large skillet, add ground beef. Add salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning and paprika and stir well. Cook until the meat is brown and cooked through.
Add onion, garlic and peppers. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until peppers soften.
Add crushed tomatoes and bring everything to simmer. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add rice and stir well.
Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Serve topped with chopped parsley.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 529mg | Potassium: 808mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 71.3mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4.3mg