Homemade Alfredo Sauce
The best pasta sauce made with half and half, Parmesan cheese, garlic and butter. Perfect sauce with fettuccine pasta, chicken or white pizza!
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups half and half a mixture of milk and cream; available in dairy section
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add minced garlic and saute until golden.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cornstarch, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add mixture to sauteing garlic.
Cook, stirring often until thick.
Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
Remove from heat and use in pasta dish (see notes) OR cool to room temperature, pour into a jar and store in fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use this sauce with cooked pasta, vegetables and meat for a quick dinner OR add to cooked pasta and veggies, pour into a casserole dish, top with more cheese and bake.
- If you don't have fresh garlic on hand, use 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- If you don't have time to saute the garlic, place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Cook in pan until thick.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 141mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 363mg | Vitamin A: 1425IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 548mg | Iron: 0.7mg