Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken Recipe
Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken Recipe - crispy panko-crusted chicken tenders, drizzled with lime juice and sweet honey. This family-friendly dinner idea is a huge hit every single time! This recipe is written with permission from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin, author of Barefeet In The Kitchen blog.
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper I skipped it and used 1/2 teaspoon paprika instead
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders (I used chicken breast cut into strips)
- 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil I also added 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 large limes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup honey
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne (or paprika). Add egg and milk and whisk until smooth.
Add chicken tenders to the flour-egg mixture and toss to coat well.
Place panko breadcrumbs onto a medium size plate. One by one, coat each chicken tender in panko and set onto a clean plate.
Heat up oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat.
Cook chicken until lightly brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove onto a plate and cool slightly.
Squeeze the lime juice over chicken and drizzle tender with honey.
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2.7mg