crunchy creamy sweet
If you are a big potato fan like me, you will love this easy cheesy scalloped potatoes recipe! Sliced potatoes are baked in a cheesy sauce until bubbly and delicious. Enjoy!
- Russet potatoes
- salt and pepper
- half and half
- cheddar cheese
How to make
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes?
- Melt butter in a deep skillet.
- Mix half and half with cornstarch.
- Pour half and half mixture into pan slowly and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens. - Add cheddar cheese and whisk in until melted.
- Slice potatoes and arrange in a baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Bake until bubbly, about 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
Best tips for perfect scalloped potatoes:
- Slice potatoes into 1/8" thick slices. - Make sauce first so the potatoes don't turn gray.
Find more recipes like this one on our website!