I am so excited to share today’s post with you all! Two reasons: amazing cake and cake stand giveaway!!
December is a month of sharing and giving. To show my appreciation to you, my sweet readers, I teamed up with one of the most talented wood cake stand makers to give you a chance to win a gorgeous cake stand!
But let’s talk about this cake first.
Triple Chocolate Molasses Cake.
If you are looking for a festive cake for Christmas gathering, this one is just right. Anyone will appreciate a chocolate cake. Make it a triple chocolate and people will be fighting for the last crumb!
Here is the deal with bundt cakes. They are beautiful and festive. They feed a crowd. But boy, are they a pain to get out of the pan! I always have my fingers crossed it will come out without problems.
So you can imagine my excitement when this baby slipped out of the pan with ease! Nothing got stuck to the pan! I was jumping from joy!
I love chocolate molasses combination and as a true chocoholic, I amped the chocolate amount to three. 🙂 There is cocoa powder in the cake along with mini chocolate chips and the whole bundt is finished off with a chocolate molasses glaze.
- 3 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 c unsulphured molasses
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/4 c unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c boiling water
- 2 oz . semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp unsulphured molasses
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp to 2 hot water
- Grease well and generously flour the bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, cocoa, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt ). Add chocolate chips and stir.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat together molasses, oil, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Mix until all combined and smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Add the boiling water and fold in until all combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately flip the cake onto a cake plate. Place the plate over the bundt and turn out. Be careful! The bundt pan is hot!
- For the glaze: melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Take off the heat when only few butter bits are left. Whisk smooth. Let cool to room temperature. Sift powdered sugar over the melted chocolate and whisk in. Add molasses and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Add water to get the glaze to a drizzling consistency. Pour over cooled cake.
A perfect celebration cake!