Strawberries and Cream Ice Box Cake - one of the easiest no-bake desserts to enjoy with fresh fruit! Always a hit!
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM ICE BOX CAKE
This cake has to go onto your to-make list. For two reasons: for once, the no-bake desserts season is upon us; second - the strawberry season is even closer. No-bake dessert recipes like this are going to be very handy. This cake is perfect for a spring or summer weekend afternoon or for a potluck or get-together with friends! Who can say no to sweet and creamy vanilla? If you love strawberry desserts, you will enjoy my Strawberry Layer Cake or the Strawberry Pie Crumb Bars!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM ICE BOX CAKE?
The popular ice box cake is most definitely the easiest cake you can make. All you need to do is layer the graham crackers with the filling and top with berries. It doesn't get easier than that! The fridge does all the work. It sets the filling to a mousse-like consistency and softens the cookies so it is easy to slice it.
MORE RECIPES WITH STRAWBERRIES:
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM ICE BOX CAKE RECIPE:
Strawberries and Cream Ice Box Cake
- 20 graham crackers
- 2 pkg instant vanilla pudding or pie filling (see note)
- 3.25 c milk
- 1 tub of whipped topping (8 oz.)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 c sliced fresh strawberries , washed and hulled (divided)
!to make the filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together milk and pudding mix. Mix for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping.
- Lightly grease a 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Arrange a layer of graham crackers on the bottom of the pan, breaking them in half if needed.
- Top the graham crackers with half of the filling mixture.
- Top the filling with half of the strawberry slices.
- Arrange another layer of graham crackers over the strawberry slices.
- Top with the remaining filling.
- Place the dish in a refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, top the cake with remaining slices of strawberries.
Cooking Classy says
I love a good ice box cake! This one looks delicious!
Thank you, Jaclyn!
I love easy and delicious desserts like this for summer!
I love strawberries! This cake looks like such a great way to use up those strawberries! And the bonus is it is so easy to make - basically just assembling it. Love it!
Thank you, Julia!
This cake is right up my alley! I love ice box cakes so, SO MUCH!
Me too! Thanks, Kate!
This would last about 5 minutes here. Cannot wait to try this over the summer. So easy to make. I'm all about that, thanks!
I live for simple desserts like this in the summer! Especially with Texas getting so scorching hot, I can't bear the idea of turning on the oven. Saving to try soon! Thanks!
Fantastic! Thank you, sweet friend!
That sounds so easy, yet so good. I don't know why I've never tried icebox cake, but now I must. Bet this would be great with some homemade fudge sauce! 🙂
You will love this cake! Thank you!
Mademoiselle Gourmande says
It does look delish! And sounds quite easy. I have no idea what I can use for the Graham crackers though. Probably just some kind of whole wheat biscuits...?
Every dish looks so much fancier in small glasses...
Are you in UK? I think digestive biscuits will be a great substitute here. Hope you will give this a try! Thank you, Mademoiselle Gourmande!
Curry and Comfort says
Sounds like my kind of dessert making... no bake... Yay!! 🙂 My family will love this one. 🙂
Thank you, Ramona!