Spicy Tortilla Chips – jazz up plain flour tortillas with spice and bake to crispy perfection! Great for guacamole, dips and nachos!
SPICY TORTILLA CHIPS
The easiest way to make homemade tortilla chips at home! Simply cut into triangles, toss with seasoning and bake until crispy. These Spicy Tortilla Chips are fantastic with guacamole, dips and for nachos. You can use flour or corn tortillas to make these chips.
How to cut tortillas for baked chips?
Stack several tortillas on top of each other. Slice in half, then half again. Slice each section in half.
Whisk the seasoning with melted butter, then brush over the tortillas. You can add garlic powder, onion powder, even Ranch dry seasoning mix.
SPICY TORTILLA CHIPS RECIPE:
- 2 burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Cut your tortillas pizza style, into wedges.
- In a small measuring cup, combine melted butter with all the spices and whisk with a fork.
- Place tortilla pieces in a small mixing bowl and pour the melted butter over them.
- Gently toss to coat.
- Place tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 5 - 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
- Serve with salsa or dip.