Sheet Pan Chicken with Kumquats and Purple Potatoes – bright, colorful and fresh dinner idea. Purple potatoes, broccoli and kumquats make for a bursting mix of flavors!
This is a sponsored content by Bertolli.
Sheet pan dinners are one of the easiest to make and the combinations of ingredients are endless. This Sheet Pan Chicken could not be faster to put together yet there is nothing simple about the flavors. They are unexpected, bright and fresh and fit together perfectly.
Bite-size cut chicken, chunks of purple potatoes, broccoli florets and slices of kumquats, drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper make this dish one of a kind. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve.
I took a challenge to create a dish with 5 ingredients: Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, purple potatoes, basil, chicken and one extra. Olive oil may be thought of just another ingredient, but Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil encourages to be spontaneous and adventurous. It may be simple but it sparks connection in every dish and is the star of it.
I am going to come clean right away and say I’ve never had a kumquat before and I didn’t know what to expect. Also, purple potatoes taste just like red potatoes or almost like sweet potatoes.
Kumquats are not that easy to find ( check your local farmers market ) but if you do, grab some and eat one whole. Peel and all. It’s completely edible! The center is very sour, like a cross between a lemon and orange but the peel is sweet and delicious. It’s quite the combo and I love it! I am obsessed with these little citrus gems! Just like any citrus, they go perfectly with chicken and caramelize during roasting making each bite quite delicious.
Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is non-GMO and verified USDA Organic. It’s made from organic olives and produced using organic farming standards. It’s the perfect olive oil for roasting vegetables and meat. Bertolli has over 150 years of expertise in olive oil blending and it’s a number one olive oil brand in the world. To learn more about this product, please visit Villabertolli.com.
This Sheet Pan Chicken is very simple to put together. Brush your sheet pan with Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, place chunks of purple potatoes on top and roast for about 7 to 8 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients, drizzle with more olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Garnish the finished dish with fresh chopped basil and you are done! Now watch it disappear! The flavors are absolutely amazing and the easiest dish just became the most flavorful!
SHEET PAN CHICKEN WITH KIMQUATS AND PURPLE POTATOES RECIPE:
Sheet Pan Chicken with Kumquats and Purple Potatoes
Recipe source: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for brushing the pan
- 4 oz kumquats
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 5 purple potatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash potatoes well. Pat dry with paper towel. Peel if desired, otherwise cut into chunks (about 1/2 thick).
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Slice kumquats thinly.
- Brush large sheet pan with olive oil. Arrange potato chunks in a single layer. Roast for 7 to 8 minutes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently toss together.
- Add chicken and broccoli to pan, arranging pieces in between the potato chunks.
- Arrange slices of kumquats on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Drizzle everything with remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 18 to 20 minutes OR until the chicken registers internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Garnish dish with fresh chopped basil.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀