Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Bars – super easy and so so good! Cookie bars loaded with oats, chocolate chips and peanut butter.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BARS
When I don’t feel like making my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, I make cookie bars. We are talking oatmeal, semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter. All of them good for you. Then we wrap it in an easy to make cookie bar dough. I replace some of the butter with peanut butter. Half of the flour is replaced with oats.
It’s important not to overbake these bars. Bake just until the top is set and lightly browned around the edges. This way the bars will be chewy and soft, with crispy edges. Cool them completely before cutting, to get the straight edges. Super gooey and loaded with melted chocolate! You can also make these bars with my Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
MORE OATMEAL TREAT RECIPES:
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BARS RECIPE:
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1.5 c old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter , softened
- 1/4 c smooth peanut butter
- 1 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 c semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Add the flour in two additions, mixing well after each.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan.
- Bake 23 to 26 minutes, or until the center is set and edges slightly browned.
- Keep in air-tight container for up to 5 days.