My Mom makes the best coffee cakes.
The rhubarb one is probably her best.
With my parents visiting - naturally we enjoyed time baking together.
As soon as we baked it - I knew I wanted to share it here with all of you.
It's so easy to make that you can pull this off when surprised by unexpected guests or simply when you want to enjoy something sweet on a lazy afternoon.
We are talking easy - peasy, delicious and satisfying!
This recipe uses cranberries but feel free to choose any fruit you have on hand.
Mom's Berry Easy Coffee Cake
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c fruit I used frozen cranberries
for the streusel topping:
- 1/2 stick butter 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp flour
- No mixer required. Juts a medium mixing bowl and a wooden spatula.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Add all of the ingredients ( one by one ) into the bowl and stir.
- The batter should be smooth and thick.
- Place the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spread the fruit on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the streusel until it resembles crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of the fruit and batter.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing