Fresh Cranberry Muffins – bakery style. A perfect breakfast during this holiday season!
Meet my new favorite breakfast this season.
Fresh Cranberry Muffins. Bakery style.
I am super excited to finally share this recipe with you because these muffins are amazing! You simply have to try them!
Make two dozen and share some with friends and neighbors! They are showstoppers!
I could marvel over these perfect tops forever. The Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins you can see on my sidebar have been tempting me to create another version. With a seasonal fruit this time. And so I did.
I am currently stocking up on cranberries for a whole year. I pop bags of them into my freezer so I can make these muffins on any day.
My kiddos loved them. Just remember we are dealing with fresh cranberries that are a tarty fruit. You can melt some butter and dip each cooled muffin into it and then roll the top in sugar if you don’t think they are sweet enough. I am a huge fan of cranberries and I loved the muffins as shown on photos.
Fresh Cranberry Muffins – bakery style muffins. Sweet, delicious and filled with fresh cranberries. Perfect breakfast during this holiday season!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries bigger ones chopped
- Reserve about 1/4 of a cup of smaller cranberries to place on top of muffins.
- Grease the muffin tin, cups and the top. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg for 20 seconds.
- Add sugar and whisk until smooth and thick.
- Add oil and whisk well.
- Add sour cream and whisk till smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add berries and stir in until evenly distributed.
- Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Do not overmix.
- Scoop the batter with an ice cream scoop into the muffin tin.
- Place reserved berries on top of the muffins. Gently press them into the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 21 to 23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from my Double Chocolate Muffins