Easy Cheesy Fries – the easiest way to jazz up a bag of frozen fries! Bake with cheese on top and a sprinkling of spices for an added kick!
EASY CHEESY FRIES
Easy cheesy fries with a kick. I like spicy food and so does my Hubby. I usually divide our meals into kid and adult version. Then Mr. CCS and I go crazy with the hot sauce and garlic while our kids eat the no-salt-pepper-or-anything-spicy part. They might be also thinking we are crazy rolling our eyes with delight after drenching the meat in a spicy sauce that can really clean out your sinuses. Whatev. Broccoli is even better with spicy ranch.
MORE POTATO RECIPES:
EASY CHEESY FRIES RECIPE:
- 3 russet potatoes peeled
- 3/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare ice bath for the fries by filling a large mixing bowl half way with water and half of a tray of ice cubes ( about 5 - 6 ice cubes ). Set aside.
- Cut peeled potatoes lengthwise into sticks. Place in ice water bath.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine 1/4 of oil ( reserving the rest ) with garlic powder, ground red pepper, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Fill a medium saucepan with the reserve oil and bring to hot on medium heat.
- In the same time, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Drain as many fries as you can grab with your hand on paper towels. Pat dry. Carefully place in the hot oil and fry until cooked through but not brown.
- Place the cooked fries in a bowl with oil and spices mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place the coated fries onto a aluminum foil lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Sprinkle cheese on top reserving enough for the rest of the fries.
- Return into the oven until the cheese melts.
- Cool before serving.