Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta - easy weeknight dinner idea in just 30 minutes!
So, yes. My first dinner idea post. I hope you like it! It's a huge hit in our family!
I have been testing and devouring pasta dishes for the past couple of weeks and those that became family favorites and were especially kid-approved, I decided to share with you. Because we all need easy and delicious dinner recipes! I absolutely love creamy pasta dishes! And mushrooms! And garlic! Put those together and dinner is ready!
As you can see, I paired this pasta with my One-Hour Skillet Focaccia (the most popular recipe on the blog) and we had one fabulous meal. This is a vegetarian version but you could easily add cooked chicken to this dish.
Creamy pasta dish is perfect for a chilly winter day. The sauce is really easy to make so there is no excuse to buy it in the store! I made this same sauce but instead of mushrooms, I used spinach and it was great!
I hope you will try this easy weeknight meal idea along with my easy focaccia. If you do, please let me know!
Please, read the instructions before making the sauce. It is important, as you need to watch it and stir it constantly.
Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta
- 6 oz . dried linguine pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 c sliced mushrooms about 4 medium mushrooms
- 1 c half and half
- 1 c milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain, keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic and sautee for 2 to 3 minutes, until cooked.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, milk and cornstarch.
- Add the milk mixture to the saucepan, about ¼ of a cup at a time, whisking after each addition until the sauce thickens (add ¼ c to the saucepan, stir until thickens, add another ¼ of a cup and stir until thickens, repeat). After you added all the milk mixture, cook the sauce stirring for 1 more minute. Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and stir until melted. Cool slightly, taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add pasta to the sauce and gently stir together.
- Serve, garnished with chopped cilantro and slices of focaccia.