That's right. Skinny cheesecake bars. So you can have more than one without the guilt. 🙂 Chocolate drizzled for the added indulgence. Summer is a time for healthier and skinnier desserts so you can still fit into your swimsuit. But it doesn't mean the cravings for rich and creamy cheesecake bars is not there. If you agree, you will love these bars. They satisfy the craving for sure.
And guess what? You only need a food processor to make this treat. No mixer necessary. Both the crust and the filling is made in food processor, which cuts down on prep time and makes for less dishes to wash.
The filling is sweet enough even with just two tablespoons of sugar. The ViSalus Protein Shake mix gives it sweet vanilla flavor which let me cut down on added sugar in this recipe. The crust is one of my easiest and healthiest ones. If you don't have coconut or don't like coconut, just use more almonds or more oats. Combine it all with melted coconut oil and press into the pan. Pour the filling on top and bake. It's so easy!
Skinny cheesecake bars
!for the crust:
- ½ c slivered almonds
- ½ c old-fashioned oats
- ½ c shredded coconut
- ¼ c coconut oil melted
!for the cheesecake filling:
- 1 8 oz . package of Neufchatel cheese softened, cut up into bite size pieces, 30% less fat cream cheese
- 6 Tbps ViSalus protein shake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 2 Tbps granulated sugar
- ½ c semi-sweet chocolate chopped, melted
!to make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a 8"x8" square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine all crust ingredients except the coconut oil and process until the texture resembles coarse flour.
- Drizzle in the coconut oil and let it all come together.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside
!to make the cheesecake filling:
- Place cream cheese in food processor and process until smooth.
- With the food processor turned off, add protein shake mix, vanilla and egg whites. Process until smooth, about 40 seconds.
- Add milk and sugar and process for 20 seconds.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the crust.
- Bake cheesecake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until it starts to turn golden on top and the edges are slightly browned.
- Cool cheesecake completely in the pan.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve.
- Store any leftover in refrigerator for up to 4 days.