Chocolate Cupcakes with Blackberry Filling and Vanilla Bean Frosting – gourmet cupcake with lots of flavor right in time for your Halloween party.
How about gourmet cupcakes for a Halloween party? Chocolate, blackberry and vanilla – one fantastic flavor combo in one holiday-themed treat.
After a few fun Halloween ideas that kids can make and have fun with, it’s time for an adult dessert idea. If you are planning a party for Halloween and want to make a themed dessert with bold flavors – this is it. Super moist chocolate cupcake, filled with blackberry preserves and dressed up with vanilla bean frosting.
World Market is celebrating Halloween and the release of “The Book of Life” movie and invited me to create a recipe that would be perfect for this occasion. Browsing the aisles of World Market with their Halloween decor and kitchen items is a true treat for a food blogger like me. So many fantastic products and sources of inspiration. I used their Tahitian Vanilla Bean in the frosting and the Mackays Seedless Blackberry Preserve for the filling. They both pair perfectly with my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. The filling is a surprise you do not expect, yet can appreciate after just one bite. The frosting is perfectly creamy and absolutely delicious. It’s also very easy to make.
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup blackberry preserves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3,5 cups to 4 powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 2 drops neon orange gel food coloring
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, soda, salt and cocoa).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (oil, water, vanilla and vinegar).
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely before filling.
- When cool, core the cupcakes with cupcakes corer or with paring knife. Cut a hole in the center of each cupcake making sure not to cut through the bottom.
- Fill the cupcakes with blackberry preserves.
- Decorate with frosting.
- Cut the vanilla bean open. Scrape the inside. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time and whipping well. Add cream, food coloring and the vanilla bean seeds.
- Whip for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Transfer into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes