Buttermilk Ranch Potato Gratin
- 2 lbs baking or golden potatoes washed, unpeeled, sliced thinly
- 8 slices of bacon chopped into 1/2" pieces
- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkt Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 2.5 cups buttermilk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13" x 9" casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine thin slices of potatoes, buttermilk, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to crispy. Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- To bacon grease, add shredded cabbage and cook until wilted. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper and 3/4 of the bacon and 3/4 of chopped chives. Reserve the rest for garnish.Toss everything together.
- Arrange one layer of potato slices in the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Repeat one more layer.
- Arrange cabbage and bacon layer over potatoes. Top with two more layers of potato slices. Add about 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture, enough to slightly cover the last potato layer. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake 30 more minutes.
- Let casserole cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with remaining bacon and chives and serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!