This is the Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe you will ever make! It’s ultra fluffy and perfect for spreading on cakes or piping out on cupcakes.
Homemade vanilla buttercream frosting is crazy easy to make and you only need 2 basic ingredients: butter and sugar. Add vanilla and a splash of heavy cream for the irresistible rich flavor. This Fluffy Vanilla Frosting starts with butter creamed for 7 minutes, for the best result. You can make different variations by adding flavors with spices, instant coffee or caramel sauce. This frosting is perfect for cakes, cupcakes and cookies.
- unsalted butter
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- Start by beating room-temperature butter for 7 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, a little bit at a time, and beat until frosting is fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla and heavy cream and beat for 1 minute.
- best vanilla: use vanilla beans for the best flavor
- citrus frosting: add zest and citrus extract
- spiced buttercream: add cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- mocha frosting: add instant coffee granules
- caramel frosting: stir in caramel sauce
- peanut butter frosting: use half of the amount of butter and substitute the rest with peanut butter
More dessert recipes:
For more delicious sweet treat recipes, feel free to browse our Dessert Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
This is the Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe you will ever make! It's ultra fluffy and perfect for spreading on cakes or piping out on cupcakes. Add different extracts, citrus zest, coffee granules or caramel sauce for different flavor variations.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter soft
- 1.75 - 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Place soft butter in mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer for 7 minutes.
Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time and mix in well.
Add vanilla and heavy cream and whip for 1 to 2 minutes.
The frosting should be fluffy and airy.
Store frosting in fridge until ready to use or spread on cake or cupcakes right away.
The butter has to be really soft for best results.