Bacon and Olive Cheese Ball - a great appetizer for your New Year's Eve or Super Bowl party!
The last recipe post of 2013 is here!! Soon we will be chilling the champagne bottles and getting the party blowers ready. New Year's Eve also calls for an easy appetizer, preferably one you can make ahead of time.
Like a cheese ball.
Bacon and olive cheese ball to be exact. Rolled in chopped nuts and served with store-bought or homemade crackers.
Cheese balls are super easy to make and great to serve on parties.You can make one huge ball or scoop out the dough with a cookie scoop and make little cheese balls.
The fact that there is bacon in this one, makes it also great for Super Bowl. Totally a man-approved snack!
My tip for cooking bacon without the mess: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place bacon strips on the prepared baking sheet. I bake 4 strips of bacon for 12 minutes. They are perfectly crispy! Place on paper towels to absorb the grease. Cool, crumble and use in the cheese ball recipe.
Bacon and Olive Cheese Ball Recipe
- 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c green pimento stuffed olives sliced
- 2 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c mixed nuts chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Add olives, bacon, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Place on a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil and wrap tightly, forming a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Roll the cheese ball in chopped nuts.
- Serve on a platter with crackers.
- Refrigerate leftovers.