Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta Recipe – creamy garlic Parmesan Alfredo sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and chicken are tossed with cooked pasta to make this flavorful yet easy dish.
On pasta nights, I either reach for a recipe with red tomato sauce or Parmesan Alfredo sauce. One of our favorites is my Mushroom Garlic Chicken Alfredo because mushrooms and garlic are incredible together, especially with the creamy sauce. If you are looking for a new way to make Alfredo pasta with chicken, I’ve got you covered! All you need is a jar or sun-dried tomatoes in oil. They are incredibly fragrant and flavorful. You can even use the oil because it’s so delicious and infused with the tomatoes.
This Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is a rich in flavor and so easy to make for pasta night. It’s creamy and filling and perfect served with cheesy bread or toasted baguette slices.
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PASTA?
Start by heating up a mix of olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil (straight from the jar) in a skillet. Add chicken, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until done. Remove onto a plate. Add more oil to the pan, add garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant. Add sauce mixture and Parmesan cheese. Simmer to thicken. Add back the cooked chicken an stir in. Add cooked and drained pasta and stir everything together. Garnish pasta with more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve with garlic bread or toasted baguette.
WHAT ARE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES?
Sun-dried tomatoes are exactly what the name says: tomatoes dehydrated in the sun. You can buy them in oil (that is actually very flavorful) in jars or in a paste form. You can also make your own. This recipe for Sun Dried Tomatoes Homemade in the Sun from White on Rice Couple is a great one to try at home. It also has instructions on how to make them in the oven.
MORE SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN RECIPES:
Chicken with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce from Cafe Delites
Mediterranean Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Artichokes from Julia’s Album
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
SUN-DRIED TOMATO CHICKEN PASTA RECIPE
More easy pasta recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- Start by heating up a mix of olive oil and sun-dried tomato oil (straight from the jar) in a skillet.
- Add chicken, season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and cook until done. Remove onto a plate.
- Add more oil to the pan, add garlic and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together cornstarch and half and half (or milk. Add sauce mixture and Parmesan cheese. Simmer to thicken.
- Add back the cooked chicken an stir in. Add cooked and drained pasta and stir everything together. Garnish pasta with more Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve with garlic bread or toasted baguette.
I highly recommend using half and half in this sauce recipe. It's lighter than cream but still makes a rich and flavorful sauce. You can also use whole milk. If you don't have any on hand, you can use store-bought Alfredo sauce.