10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp Recipe – quick and easy seafood takeout dinner that’s healthy and delicious.
Teriyaki sauce gets a lot of use around here. I make my Quick Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowls very often and my Easy Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry is always requested. It’s time for a seafood version! I’ve been asked many times for a shrimp version and here it is. It’s quick, easy and super tasty!
This 10-Minute Teriyaki Shrimp recipe is the perfect idea for a busy weeknight when you want something healthy and easy.
HOW TO MAKE TERIYAKI SHRIMP?
Start by peeling and deveining shrimp. Next, whisk all of the sauce ingredients in a 1-cup measuring cup and keep next to the stove, ready to go. The shrimp cook really fast (2 to 3 minutes per side) so it’s best to have the sauce mix ready. You can also make my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce and add to cooked shrimp and heat everything up. Cook shrimp in olive oil until pink, then add the sauce. Serve this dish with rice or noodles and steamed vegetables, like broccoli.
RAW SHRIMP VS. COOKED SHRIMP:
You can use both kinds of shrimp in this recipe. However, raw shrimp (sold frozen in bags or at the seafood counter), tastes better. You need to peel it and devein it, and I will be honest and say, it’s not my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. I always pawn it onto my Hubby. If using cooked shrimp, prepare according to instructions on the package. Add sauce and simmer all together.
I like to serve this Teriyaki Shrimp rice bowl style, along with my perfect fluffy rice and steamed broccoli. It’s always a hit here!
TERIYAKI SHRIMP RECIPE VARIATIONS:
- stir fry – all you need to do is add vegetables to the skillet and cook before the shrimp, then toss everything together with the sauce. This recipe for Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry from Dinner at the Zoo blog looks perfect!
- foil packs – add pineapple to the mix and cook this teriyaki shrimp in foil. Check out the Teriyaki Shrimp and Pineapple Parcels recipe from Ree Drummond.
- sheet pan – cook shrimp with pineapple and peas on a sheet pan for an even easier dinner. Only one pan to clean! Follow the Sheet Pan Teriyaki Shrimp from Carlsbad Cravings blog.
MORE TERIYAKI RECIPES:
Teriyaki Shrimp Skewers from Creme de la Crumb
10-MINUTE TERIYAKI SHRIMP RECIPE
More easy Asian takeout recipes: www.crunchycreamysweet.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium or large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds optional
- chopped green onions
- In a measuring cup, whisk all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside, close to the stove.
- Heat up oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp in a single layer, season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Pour sauce mixture over shrimp and cook on medium low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve with rice or noodles and steamed vegetables, like broccoli.
All of the optional ingredients are not necessary but recommended for added flavor.
The calorie count does not include rice and broccoli.